Our first concern is always to provide a safe and healthy environment for our guests. With the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we have implemented recommendations issued by the City of Chesapeake Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism.
Here are the steps we’re taking to protect our attendees and our valued employees:
In Our Venue:
- Cleaning commonly used areas more often.
- Sanitizing restrooms more frequently and restocking with supplies, including soap, paper towels and hand sanitizer.
- Adding extra hand sanitizer at entrances and throughout the facility.
- Partnering with our suppliers to replenish high-demand preparedness products.
- Following best practices for safe food handling, as always.
For Our Employees:
- Encouraging our employees to closely monitor their health and well-being.
- Asking our employees to stay home if they, or someone in their household, are sick.
- Providing our employees with information on steps they can take to prevent the spread of illness and how to recognize COVID-19 symptoms.
- Providing hand sanitizer and tissues in administrative offices.
- Suspending business air travel for employees and recommending virtual meetings.
For Our Attendees:
- Encouraging our attendees to follow the CDC’s suggested hygiene practices to reduce the spread of the virus.
- Recommending that our attendees also practice safe food handling at home.
- If you are planning to attend one of our events, and you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms, please stay home.
- All events through April 5th have been postponed. Please check our website regularly for updates.
We will continue to follow the lead of our Director of the City of Chesapeake Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism, as we strive to provide you with a safe and enjoyable environment for your event.
Thank you for your support!
Donna M. Cannatella